I Wish I Knew How To... Program OpenGL Legacy 2.1 64-bit for Windows (XDL-0024)
A new book called I Wish I Knew How To... Program OpenGL Legacy 2.1 64-bit for Windows with Xojo has been released in November 2022 with version 3.0. There are three plugins which come with the book : 1) High performance window and controls, 2) OpenGL 2.1 code, and 3) Windows OS API calls for performance with 64-bit applications in Xojo.
A teaser YouTube video has been created at https://youtu.be/YR0PEtWJ6N4. More details can be viewed at https://scispec.ca/index.php/books/67-opengl-2-1-64-bit-for-windows which include the versions of each plugin.
The main points of this release is to have smooth graphics, fast refresh speeds, sharper graphics, and also a large amount of customization. More details about this release are:
Version 3.0 October. Released in November 2022.
- Wrote the book
- Updated to Xojo API 2 GUI and API2 Code
- Updated Windows OS algorithm for optimized graphics
- Created GLFWXojoPlugin.xojo_plugin
- Created OpenGLXojoPlugin.xojo_plugin
- Created WinXojoPlugin.xojo_plugin
- Most of the drawing algorithms are exposed to maximize customization
- Added mouse callback functionality
- Added keyboard callback functionality
- Wrote most examples with updated polling graphics, like the way game engines are written
This also comes with a book that has 22 chapters, more than 550 pages, that provides over 80 examples such as:
- Many primitives (quads, triangles, etc.)
- Fundamentals of colours
- Movement and rotation
- Starting a graph and chart
- Beginning lighting
- Lots of texturing
- Blender models
- Camera viewing
- An introductory understanding of threads
- Collision detection
- Xojo Blocks game
- Keyboard and mouse callback
- This book includes 3-plugins: 1) OpenGL 2.1, 2) GLFW, 3) Some Windows API calls
- ...and more.