*I Wish I Knew How To... Begin Programming Visual Studio 2019 C++/CLI and .NET on Windows Desktop* will give you the starting code and controls needed to build your desktop program. Examples are shown with Variables, Conditional Statements, Arrays, Function and Subroutines, a long list of Controls, Text Files, and beginning simple Graphics.
This book is an introduction to those programmers who already know another language and are asked to update an existing C++/CLI program. Although the author wouldn't create a new project in C++/CLI, there are a large amount of programs written in this language that require maintenance, updates, and expanding of current projects.
C++/CLI is a slightly different language than pure C++ since the "CLI" portion of the language largely looks after memory management for you.
What is included in this book?
* 10 Chapters with over 300 pages
* More than 55 example projects
* All examples include code that you can open and run
* Uses the latest version of Visual Studio (2019)
* Uses the Community (Free) version of Visual Studio
* This is a great way to learn C++ while minimizing issues with memory
Topics and information about the book can be viewed at http://scispec.ca under the books section.